Please note that the Merridale pharmacy is a private enterprise and as such it is completely independent of the Merridale Medical Centre. All of our patients are welcome to use any pharmacy of their choice. Quite a few local pharmacies also now provide the 'Pharmacy First Scheme' which lots of patients are finding really useful. More information about this can be found on the right under our 'Latest News' Section
If you are on regular medication and have been told you can have a repeat prescription without needing an appointment, there are a number of ways in which to re-order. Please bear the following points in mind as this will help us to always provide a prompt repeat prescription service.
- Order your repeat prescription in good time.
- Collect your prescriptions between the hours of 11.00 and 4.30pm Monday-Friday (excluding bank holidays) and between 9am-12 noon on Saturdays
- Use the computerised request form you received with your last prescription. Simply put a tick against the items you need. If there has been any changes to your medication (such as by the hospital) please indicate these on the form.
- Indicate on the request If you want the prescription (once ready) to be forwarded on to a local chemist for you –please state the name and location of the chemist so we know which one to send it to.
There are various ways you can request a repeat prescription:
- Bring in the request and put it in the prescriptions box by the main entrance doors
- Phone your request through to our prescription direct line number 0116 216 9636 (which is for prescription requests and queries) between the hours of 9.00-11.00am Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays) At busy times there is the facility for you to leave a message.Please speak clearly and include your full name, date of birth and contact number along with the medication you want to order with the strength and dosage. All messages are regularly accessed.
- Post it to us at Merridale Medical Centre, 5, Fullhurst Avenue. Leicester LE3.If you want the prescription to be posted back to you please enclose a S.A.E.
- E-Mail your request to us at email@example.com Please note that you will need to obtain a form for completion before starting to use the ‘repeat prescription by e-mail’ service.
- Order online – by choosing the repeat prescriptions option when logging in to use our online services. New users are required to obtain a unique user ID and password from reception first (on production of suitable photographic identication)
Prescriptions are carefully monitored and reviewed by the prescribing GPs who initiate medication reviews when required. It is therefore not usually necessary for patients to request an appointment for a medication review as these are carried out as matter of course.
Please allow two full working days for repeat prescriptions to be processed . Please bear in mind that over weekends and bank holidays prescription requests will take slightly longer to process