We aim to deliver a consistently high standard of service and patient care. We genuinely value all patient feedback
COMMENTS, COMPLIMENTS, SUGGESTIONS AND IDEAS are always welcome. Patients can provide feedback in the following ways:
· Fill in a comment card (available in reception) Completed cards then need to simply be placed in the box provided just inside the main entrance doors
· Submit your feedback online by visiting our website at www.merridalemedicalcentre.co.uk and clicking on ’feedback form’ on the home page
· All such comments will then be considered by the Assistant Practice Manager & Practice Manager. Please ensure that your contact details are included too if you want to be contacted about your comments.
· Ask to speak to the Reception Team Leader or the Assistant Practice Manager or Practice Manager
· Or contact a member of the Patient Participation Group (see display board in reception)
We recognise that on occasions a person may feel disappointed or dissatisfied about the way they have been dealt with. If that is the case we would like to know as we always treat any complaints seriously.
Most problems can be sorted quickly and easily at the time they arise by liaising with our Reception Manager or Practice Manager. Please ask to speak to one of them as they will be pleased to help you. This may be the method which suits you best.
If you would prefer to make a formal complaint, then please do so in writing as soon as possible, and mark your letter or email for the attention of the Practice Manager. (Contact details are given below)
Timescales for dealing with any complaints
We always aim to deal with complaints as quickly as possible by replying or sending an acknowledgement within 10 working days of receipt. If the matter is likely to take longer than this we will let you know and keep you informed as to progress.
If your complaint involves a third party it will be necessary for us to liaise with them too before we can send a full response. (We may need your consent prior to doing this and will contact you if that is the case).
Complaining on behalf of someone else
We follow strict rules of patient confidentiality. If anyone wishes to make a complaint on behalf of another person we will require written consent of the patient concerned first. If the patient is unable to provide written consent (due to illness or personal circumstances) please provide details in a covering letter.
Please note that we are unable to discuss any issue relating to someone else without their written permission to do so.
The Practice Complaints Manager is:
Vicki Kershaw (Practice Manager)….or Tracey Mitchell (Assistant Practice Manager)
Merridale Medical Centre,
5, Fullhurst Avenue,
Telephone: 0116 216 6996
Further steps if you are dissatisfied
If you are dissatisfied with the outcome you can contact:
6 Smith Way
Tel 0116 295 0094
You also have the right to approach the Health Ombudsman at the following address:
The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman
Tel 0345 0154033